It’s been two months since I posted about my acne issues and I wanted to update everyone.
About a month ago, I went for a detoxifying facial at my favorite spa, Hand and Stone. This is the same spa I purchased my ClarityRx products which I believed weren’t working for me. After some discussion with the esthetician, she set me up with a game plan. She asked me to do the following to try and clear up my skin:
- Use a Precleanse to remove makeup before using final cleanser to treat skin.
- Use a sebum clearing mask about twice a week with a spot treatment of salicylic acid under mask
I discovered what I was doing wrong was not precleansing my face to remove makeup. The ClarityRx products while effective, are also designed to be gentle since they contain no artificial fragrances, parabens, or harmful synthetic chemicals. Therefore, I was needing to precleanse my face to rid of the makeup and then I could medicate my acne with ClarityRx. (Remember guys, I don’t sale this stuff, I am merely a consumer trying to fix my skin without breaking the bank.) So I’ve taken some of the esthetician’s suggestions and tweeked them a little so I can keep some money in my pocketbook. Here is my current regimen:
Before bed/makeup removal:
- “Precleanse” with Pond’s Original Fresh Wet Cleansing Towelettes with Vitamin E. (I’ve tried about a dozen different brands of wipes my friends, and these here are gentle and effective, and do not leave a sticky after feel on my face.) Use 1 to 2 wipes.
- Post Cleanse with ClarityRx Cleanse As Needed 10% Glycolic Acid Cleanser (This was the esthetician’s recommendation and I love it! It’s really helping me with my acne and acne scars.)
- Alternate these next two steps, 1 to 2 times a week: a) tone with ClarityRx Fix It 2% Pore Perfecting Solution or b) spot treat with ClarityRx Fix It and use Dermalogica Sebum Clearing Mask (This mask is so invigorating, tingling and energizing. It is a must try.)
- Hydrate with ClarityRx Call Me In The Morning Soothing Recovery Cream (This moisturizer is great for my acne prone skin with dry patches. It is a matte cream. Soothing and leaves my skin super hydrated without feeling oily or greasy.)
Before work/morning cleanse/no makeup/premakeup application:
- Use ClarityRx Cleanse As Needed or one of my Aveeno cleansers. (Since my face is practically clean because of no makeup, I’ll use an Aveeno cleanser in this step to help extend the life of my more expensive ClarityRx cleanser.)
- Hydrate with ClarityRx Call Me In The Morning (I try to now stay away from primers since they tend to clog my pores. Call Me In The Morning seems to do the work of a primer for me.)
- FOUNDATION! This one came highly recommended by the esthetician. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour full coverage foundation (I did my own research on Tarte Cosmetics and found out they use “skinvigorating ingredients (tm)”, which includes superfruit, plant extracts, vitamins, minerals, essential oils and other naturally derived ingredients. My skin LOVES this stuff! I went to Sephora and one of the lovely ladies there helped me find the perfect color.
- On my low key foundation “off days” I use NYC BB Creme 5 in 1 Instant Matte. (This formulation is easy in my pores and stays matte for many hours.)
Here is a picture of everything I am currently using
Overall I feel like my skin is on the road to recovery and is so much better than it was two months ago. I’ll keep you posted! Please feel free to leave me any questions you may have.