I’ve experienced mild acne issues since my teens and early 20’s, but lately it seems to be different. My face used to be oily all over with breakouts mainly on the nose, forehead and chin. These days my skin is about 90% dry, 10% oily and breakouts are almost always on my jawline, chin and upper arms. I am not sure if this is a case of an absent thyroid or if it is because I am now in my mid 30’s and my skin has changed. Most of the time I am able to keep it under control, but I am currently battling a moderately severe acne flare-up. Two possible reasons for this: 1) one day last week I went to bed with my makeup on. 2) I may be allergic to an ingredient in a health drink I was consuming but have now stopped.
The past six months or so I have discovered that salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide treatments are too harsh on my skin and end up giving me dry patchy skin and sometimes irritate the acne even more. After some research I believe my breakouts on my upper arms are due to Keratosis Pilares; which seems to be under control at the moment.
Here are two pictures of my face without makeup so you’ll know what I am dealing with
About two months ago I purchased some high end skin care products (Clarity Rx) from my local day spa, but those didn’t do hardly anything for my acne and seemed to dry out my face even more. So I purchased a set of Aveeno Skin Care products to see if they would help. Here is what I am trying next:
- Positively Radiant (PR) Daily Cleansing Pads
- PR Skin Brightening Daily Scrub
- PR Brightening Cleanser
- Absolutely Ageless Restorative Night Cream
- PR Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15
I will keep you updated on my results and post some new pictures in about a week.
A list of my must do’s to help with my skin care:
- Drink 64 ounces of water daily
- Get 8 hours of sleep at one time
- MUST wash face before bed
- Moisturize after cleansing and before makeup application
- Use Antibacterial Soap to cleanse makeup brushes
- Use Antibacterial soap on face after removing makeup for 3 days straight
To be continued…